Not getting the results you want?
Then build yourself a door.
If you don’t someone else will….
Here is an example of how I built my door to get what I wanted… The point is what are you doing?
If you’re waiting for your manager to suggest a pay rise or suggest a promotion – think again! If you are waiting for the perfect job to come to you and it’s not then you need to start building your own DOOR!
These things are hard to come by. However, if they don’t suggest it, there is nothing to stop you BUILDING YOUR OWN OPPORTUNITIES.
Yet time and time again I see people waiting for others to dictate their future.
- I remember seeking out journalists from the National Press and then being interviewed and featured in the Guardian, Telegraph and many more.
- I remember putting forward my speaker’s slot for the National Careers Show to present in London and Leeds.
- I remember spending my salary to build a website (which won awards!)
- I remember upgrading my skills when I needed to. I asked (and sometimes got the training I needed) and if not – I paid for it myself! Why? Because investing in training yourself has surely got to be worth every cent, right?
- I remember getting voted to be on the Council for the UK Career Development Institute and winning…representing career guidance in the UK.
I don’t remember anyone suggesting that I should do any of the above –
Did that stop me? NO!
I used my initiative, was proactive and just put myself out there – so to speak! You need to do the same…
IN FACT, my manager sometimes made it harder for me to do just that.
Did that stop me? NO WAY!
Not a chance, in fact, it may have motivated me more 😉
I was in charge of my personal development, nobody else.
I learned that with job search sometimes you need to break the rules.
This is exactly what I teach in the Bootcamp Job Club: Learn to get your ideal job and break the rules of traditional rules of job search!
Build yourself a door…I BUILT MY DOOR. So the point is, when are you going to build yours?
You need to take ownership.
I say the best time to get a new job is when you’re not actually looking for a job! (crazy I know…) but this stuff works.
You see by doing so it builds you as the “Go to Person” in your niche.
It makes you a leader in what you say….
As I said before it’s nothing to do with being THE best but it has everything to do with standing out from everyone else. So when the opportunity does arrive…
You get the job…
How much is a great job worth?
My name is Sue and if you’re looking to get THAT job, I can help you do just that. I tell it as it is…
My job is simply to get you HIRED.
Are you ready to start? Learn how to get past the recruiters now…JOIN CAREER UNPLUGGED AND GET 50% OFF YOUR MEMBERSHIP WHEN YOU JOIN TODAY. LEARN HOW TO GET PAST THE HR PERSONNEL AND HEAD DIRECT TO THE HIRING MANAGER!
Plus, the Bootcamp Job Club is here check it out!
Change how you show up to the world, level up in your career now! ⇨ Let’s Connect on LinkedIn! and feel free to join my group Be You, Get Noticed, Get Hired Network providing you the support you need!
I’ve also created free 4 video training series to help you get the most out of LinkedIn, start now!
As always, Get Noticed, Get Hired!